Saturday 12th October The Democratic Football Lads Alliance (DFLA) have organised a march and rally. This will form up in Park Lane from 1300hrs and will start to march from 1330hrs, it is anticipated up to 10,000 may be attending to support their cause.
In order to oppose the above march and rally Stand up to Racism also intend to form up in Old Palace Yard also at 1300hrs and will move off at 1330hrs, numbers are anticipated between 2000-3000
Once the Stand up to Racism march are in Parliament Street / Whitehall, Parliament Square will be opened to all traffic, however Parliament Street / Whitehall will be closed north bound from 1000hrs to approx 1700hrs. Whitehall south bound will be closed at the junction with Horse Guards Avenue from 1000hrs, Whitehall junction with Trafalgar Square will then close at approx 1300 and will also remain closed till approx 1700hrs
The area marked in blue on the below image shows the route.
Crime Prevention Advice
You can help to protect your premises by taking a few sensible precautions. The following points are a list of considerations and are by no means exhaustive:
1. Premises should be suitably staffed with a prominent management presence that can make themselves identifiable to police. Security Officers, where possible, should have a visible presence on the premises.
2. In the days leading up to an event ensure all staff are fully briefed. All staff should remain vigilant and report and suspicious activity to security and / or the police.
3. Consider minimising the number of entry points to your building. Ensure that the building perimeters are clear of debris, dustbins, ladders, or loose tools and equipment.
4. Check that your emergency equipment, grab bags, first aid supplies and radio communications are all working and in place.
5. Ensure that CCTV coverage is fully operational and can provide the highest quality recording resolution as possible
6. Ensure all members of staff are fully aware of any emergency and evacuation procedures
7. If your building has scaffolding erected or is in close proximity of scaffolding, security staff should be aware of the potential for easy access.