Yesterday the Met Police began their ‘Look Up and Look Out’ campaign, advising members of the public to remain vigilant around moped-enabled thefts. With the latest smartphones launched earlier this month there is a concern that incidents of theft may increase.
Please therefore pass on the following advice to your staff and colleagues:
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times and keep your personal property secure. Don’t text while you’re walking – you won’t notice potential thieves approaching.
- Keep away from roadsides if your mobile is in hand.
- Try going hands free or stand away from the roadside close to a wall so no one can come up behind you.
- Use the security features on your phone.
- Your phone comes with a range of security features, such as keypad locks and remote data wiping. Make sure they are all activated to stop thieves from accessing your phone and personal data.
- Register your phone on www.immobilise.com to help police return recovered stolen property and combat the sale of stolen goods. Police recover more than 2500 items registered to the website on average every month.
- Know how to identify your phone if it’s stolen. Find your IMEI number by dialling *#06# from your phone and keep a written note of it. If the phone is stolen, report it to the police and your mobile provider to stop it being used.
Mark Hobden DBCI MBCI
BUSINESS CONTINUITY & COMPLIANCE MANAGER
47 Paul St, London. EC2A 4LP.TEL: +44 203 861 5060 | MOB: +44 7581 183058 | Email: Mark.HobdenDBCIMBCI@proudlybidvest.co.ukWeb | Linked In Our Values (PRIDE): Professionalism, Respect, Innovation, Determination, Excellence
Ultimate is a trading name of NOONAN Services Group (UK) Ltd. Registered in United Kingdom: 05049403, Registered Office: 47 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4LP.
This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Ultimate accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.