Wednesday 27th May 2015: State Opening of Parliament
Please note there will be a number of road closures in the area from 0001rs + on 27.05.15.
0100hrs – Whitehall and Parliament Street.
0230hrs – Bridge Street, Parliament Square, Broad Sanctuary / Victoria Street and Great George Street.
0600hrs – Horse Guards Road.
0830hrs – St James’s Park and all its access roads close including Constitution Hill, Marlborough Road, Spur Road and Birdcage Walk. All roads bordered by Birdcage Walk, Buckingham Gate, Artillery Row and Horseferry Road will all be closed
Procession Carriage Route. Buckingham Palace – The Mall -Horse Guards Road – Horse Guards Parade Ground – Whitehall – Parliament Street – Parliament Square – Houses of Parliament.
Following information as yet unconfirmed intelligence and for advance information only at this stage.
Events appear linked to the State Opening of Parliament that day.
END AUSTERITY NOW
The protest is planned for Trafalgar Square and 10 Downing Street starting at 1700hrs, although The Peoples Socialist Freedom Movement is calling for the protest to start at Midday rather than 1700hrs.
It is expected that there will be upwards of 1800 people attending. There is a group called Hashem Shabani Action Group who will also be in attendance. They will be all dressed in black with them wearing their Keffiyah.
Classwarparty.org.uk will also be in attendance along with a group called "Radical Bloc" (Antony Capitalista)
There is also
"FIGHT AUSTERITY FIGHT THE TORIES MARCH ON THE STATE OPENING OF PARLIAMENT"
This page states there are 6500 people attending
There is likely to be congestion in the area and possible further road closures in addition to those between 0001hrs and conclusion of the State Opening of Parliament as a result of spontaneous demonstrations.
Whilst the MPS will try to keep disruptions as a result of this day of possible demonstrations to a minimum, it is possible that you will experience some difficulties with travelling in and around the area due to the already listed closures on the day.
Whilst a proportionate policing plan is in place, you can help to improve the safety of your premises by following a few sensible precautions:
- Ensure that there is a management presence on site and that your building is staffed with visible security staff.
- Check that all of your staff are fully aware of your safety and security protocols, are fully briefed on the event, are wearing their staff identification (if necessary) and understand the importance of remaining vigilant and reporting any suspicious activity to security and/or police.
- Ensure that your CCTV coverage is fully operational and if possible at high resolution
- Ensure that your exit doors are properly secured and that you are able to lock your front door if required to do so.
- Consider staggering any deliveries you might normally receive in order to minimize further disruption.
- In the lead up to the event please report any suspicious activity to security/police .
- In an emergency always call 999
This list is by no means exhaustive, but may assist you with improving the security of your premises.
We will keep you up to date with any significant information that comes to light.
If you require any further guidance or assistance please do not hesitate to contact the GSZIR 020 3276 0440.
You can also receive information by following Twitter @MetPoliceEvents and @MPSWestminster.
Also subscribe to Neighbourhood Link, the MPS corporate public messaging system, for updates as to what is going on in the area. To subscribe, please visit www.met.police.uk/signup