PLEASE SHARE THIS COMMUNICATION
Please find attached today’s CSSC Scotland Daily Brief.
In summary, the key highlights today are:
Opening Ceremony takes place at Celtic Park this evening.Gates open at 17:30 with the Ceremony taking place between 20:15 and 23:12.
- Ceremony is also being screened live at all Live Sites (Glasgow Green, Merchant City, Kelvingrove Park and BBC at the Quay)
- 70,000 spectators are expected to attend the various different venues, so the areas around Celtic Park and the Live Sites will be busy.
Safety and Security Status: Police Scotland
- Current threat level from international terrorism for the UK is assessed as SUBSTANTIAL which means that an attack is a strong possibility.
- Threat level for Northern Ireland-related terrorism is set separately for Northern Ireland and Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland). In Great Britain the threat level is MODERATE.
- There is some protest activity expected today, further detail is provided below.All activity is expected to be peaceful and lawful.
Traffic and Transport Status
- Scottish transport network is coping well and no major issues have been reported on the roads or public transport.
- Roads around Celtic Park and the Live Sites are expected to be busy both before and after the Opening Ceremony.
Resilience Status: Scottish Government/Scottish Fire & Rescue Service/Glasgow City Council
Nothing significant to report.
You can also read the Brief in full in the News section of the CSSC Scotland website
Please be advised this email address is not monitored and all replies should be sent toscotland or alternatively call 07539 916087
CSSC Scotland Team